This blog post at first started as a fun way to tease my husband after I complained about some of our differences. I started to make a list of reasons why it sucks to be a woman and why it's better for men sometimes. The longer the list grew with its arguments and counter arguments, the more that I saw how special each gender is and also the barriers that each can face. I hope that this is something that you can get a laugh out of, relate to, and also sympathize/ empathize with.
Why guys suck: Why girls suck:
1. They don't have to wear bras.
They have soft pillows on they're chest that the take for granted.
2. They don't have to suffer the red beast each month.
They have an excuse each month to be moody.
3. They don't have to shave all the time.
They can be smooth and no one will make fun of them.
4. They don't have to experience morning sickness and push out babies through a small opening.
They get to experience childbirth in a way that men will never understand.
5. They don't have to worry about catcalling.
They don't have to put themself out there and be vulnerable to make the first move.
6. The kids don't find them to open up a fruitsnack every five minutes.
The kids like to come to her first for most things.
7. They can sleep through anything.
They steal all the covers.
8. They don't have to worry about putting on makeup or wear dresses to look nice.
They don't have to worry about being made fun of or having and ulterior motive for dressing nicely.
9. If we try to be healthy and exercise too much or lift, we are accused of trying to be manly or health freaks.
Women are free to be creative and artistic. If men are, we are called names or laughed at.
10. Women aren't taken seriously when it comes to jobs and intelligence.
Men are held as the responsible bread-winner. If we don't make more then our women, we are branded losers.
The list could go on and on. What would you add to make this different.